Risk & Compliance Counsel
Cork, County Cork, Ireland
As part of the EMEIA Compliance & Business Conduct team, this role has responsibility for the development and deployment of legal, regulatory and internal policy compliance programs for Apple’s European operations. The individual will be a key resource to ensure cohesive communication and execution of compliance priorities and to introduce and implement compliance best practices.
- Hands-on experience with implementing programs for a large, multinational company.
- Strong curiosity about compliance issues and willingness to research and understand applicable laws and regulations.
- Excellent project management and time management skills.
- Good business judgment and excellence in problem solving.
- Strong writing, editing, communication and negotiation skills.
- Proven ability to maintain and develop relationships across a large virtual team.
- Able to conduct presentations confidently and effectively without undue tension or nervousness.
- Ability to maintain composure when faced with tough and ambiguous questions during presentations.
- Significant working experience
- Experience within a compliance role is a plus
- Proficient in other languages would be desirable.
- Provide pro-active leadership and support for compliance activities in the region with a focus on digital rights compliance. - Evaluate and assess current processes to identify risks or areas of operational weakness and recommend and develop effective solutions. - Strengthen the compliance infrastructure through process and tools adoption and compliance metrics and reporting. - Develop and deploy regulatory compliance programs in the regional sales and distribution channel. - Provide training to employees on Apple’s Business Conduct Policy and other relevant compliance topics and drive training initiatives throughout the region. - Participate in compliance investigations and coordinate with the business at all levels to ensure implementation of appropriate corrective and/or preventative actions to close out issues. - Update various teams on pertinent legal and regulatory developments and compliance best practices. - Develop and maintain strong relationships across regions and be in synch with business developments, risks and issues across geos so as to take a consistent approach.
Education & Experience
- Qualification as a lawyer in the EU/EEA. - Significant working experience with some experience within a compliance role being a plus.