SW Validation Group : Power Integrity Engineer
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple products. The same real passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. As a member of the Apple SOC Silicon Validation Team, you will demonstrate your knowledge of SOC/IP design, debug features and related tools, validation, and problem-solving to drive failures to resolution. You will be debugging failures that come from validation, software checkout, or factory screening that appear to be Silicon issues or that require Silicon expertise in order to root cause. You will work at the cross-section of hardware and software and partner with a variety of engineers in order to quickly root cause failures. You will also drive systematic improvements in debug methods, tools and features based on your insights and expertise.
- System-level understanding of CPU/SoC architecture, DRAM/memory, and boards
- Experience and good understanding of Silicon chip bringup, validation and debug
- Enjoy hands-on debug and problem-solving.
- Effective collaboration across range of teams.
- Understanding of system software and kernel concepts.
- Moderate UNIX command line and scripting skills.
- Knowledge of SoC and IP design flows- Advance
- Knowledge and use of lab measurement and analytical equipment- Advance
- IP block-level knowledge- Advance
- Knowledge of manufacturing test flows and steps- Advance
- C, Assembly, UNIX system programming-Advance
- Kernel and device driver programming and concepts-Advance
In this role, your goal is to quickly and effectively process incoming units that failed some software test where the failure is believed to be in hardware. Tests range from apps to synthetic or focused validation content including software meant to stress specific blocks or subsystems within the SoC. You will be required to work on a variety of failing content and to have the ability to expertly narrow down failures from system-level to subsystem- and block-level using a rangeof debug tools and techniques. You will use diagnostic software tools from content experts. You will enhance and maintain the debug/triage methodology and associated automation scripts. You will have opportunities to work with authorities from many teams to understand SoC and system behavior: iOS kernel/driver, Silicon Validation IP test SW, Factory diagnostics, SoC architecture, SoC IP design and verification, FPGA Prototyping, Systems Integration, board designers, etc.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree or Master Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.