Process Development Engineer - Imaging & Sensing Technology Group
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple products Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? The Imaging and Sensing group at Apple develops depth sensing systems such as the revolutionary True Depth camera that powers Face ID. This multi-disciplinary group of engineers is responsible for architecture, design, and development of these highly complex sensing systems for all Apple products. The Imaging and Sensing group is looking for an extraordinary engineers to drive state of the art technologies for Apple products. As part of the team you would work on core hardware components, including the Apple system optics pipeline, where you will have the chance to define the way that Apple develops, tests and manufactures all of its products. Our close-knit team fosters an environment of product innovation, rapid product iteration and collaboration at both team and multi-functional levels with a liberating amount of autonomy.
- - 2+ years experience leading manufacturing process development in at least one of the following fields: semiconductors , packaging,
- - Opto-Mechanical assembly, MEMS, advances PCB fabrication, advanced assembly
- - Experience working with subcontractors to develop Materials and Process to manufacture modules and systems.
- - Experience with high volume manufacturing ramps, and transition from development to production
- - Flexibility to tackle challenges in new areas, and to apply a broad foundation of knowledge to identify methods of investigation and study
- - Ability to communicate technical information to a broad audience to build understanding and support
- - Familiar with quality tools utilisation in data collection and analysis, process control via SPC, able to use DOE.
- Lead DFM to new product design reviews. - Work as the key process engineer supporting complex modules. - Provide leadership in the areas of modules assembly, materials, equipment, processes, reliability, and testing. - Participate in the assessment and selection of vendors. - Work with vendors to develop MP intent equipment, process and materials. - Travel to vendor sites will be required.
Education & Experience
- BSc in Materials Science Engineering, Physics or equivalent - MSc / PhD degree is advantage.