Electro Optics Engineer - Imaging & Sensing Technology Group
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple products Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? The Imaging and Sensing group at Apple develops depth sensing systems such as the revolutionary True Depth camera that powers Face ID. This multi-disciplinary group of engineers is responsible for architecture, design, and development of these highly complex sensing systems for all Apple products. The Imaging and Sensing group is looking for an extraordinary engineers to drive state of the art technologies for Apple products. As part of the team you would work on core hardware components, including the Apple system optics pipeline, where you will have the chance to define the way that Apple develops, tests and manufactures all of its products. Our close-knit team fosters an environment of product innovation, rapid product iteration and collaboration at both team and multi-functional levels with a liberating amount of autonomy.
- - 3+ years ands-on experience with building electro-optical setups and operating advanced measurement tools
- - Deep understanding of optical systems.
- - Experience in Matlab simulations of optics systems
- - Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- - Proven collaboration and leadership skills.
- Design and build complex electro-optical setups. - Define tests and characterise performance on component, module and system levels. - Propose new tools and methods for the design and analysis of optical systems. - Work with suppliers on prototype design and manufacturing. - Communicate plans and results to the multi-functional team.
Education & Experience
- M.Sc. in Electro-Optics, Physics, or Electrical Engineering - PhD - advantage