Depth Camera Calibration Engineer - Imaging & Sensing Technology Group
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple products. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? The Depth Hardware group at Apple develops depth-sensing hardware such as the revolutionary TrueDepth camera that powers FaceID. This multi-disciplinary group of engineers is responsible for architecture, research, and manufacturing development of these highly complex sensing systems for Apple products. The Depth Hardware team is seeking a Module Design Lead to lead development of Depth HW modules in engagements with product and technology teams. The Imaging and Sensing group is looking for an extraordinary engineers to drive state of the art technologies for Apple products. As part of the team you would work on core hardware components, including the Apple system optics pipeline, where you will have the chance to define the way that Apple develops, tests and manufactures all of its products. Our close-knit team fosters an environment of product innovation, rapid product iteration and collaboration at both team and multi-functional levels with a liberating amount of autonomy.
- - 2-5 years of related work experience in Camera or Sensors Industry is preferred.
- - Strong programming skills in Matlab (Advantage - Python/C/C++/C#)
- - Knowledge of two or more of the following: camera systems, computer vision, image processing, optical instrumentation
- - Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- - Strong problem solving capability
- - Estimated travel: up to 20% international travel.
- - Ability to work well in a collaborative, highly multi-functional and fast pace environment.
- - Imaging/measurement/test system development experience. Optical / physical simulator development
- - Large quantity data processing & analysis capability in Matlab/Python/JMP. Cloud computing experience
- - Experience in SW architecture design and collaboration methodologies (e.g. release process, regression testing)
Design, specification, development and deployment of depth camera calibration, simulation and test systems for Apple products. Responsibilities include: - Develop, optimize and debug calibration and image processing algorithms & software in Matlab/C/Objective-C Design and specify the calibration and test methodology and stations according to product characters and quality requirements - Develop and optimize the entire station S/W solution - Qualify and debug the calibration and test station from system level down to component level, and improve station maturity - Deploy and monitor the stations, analyze large quantity station data, and formulate reports throughout the NPI cycle - Cooperate with multi-functional teams to specify and implement test coverage
Education & Experience
- BSc in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Optics, Physics.