Image and Signal Processing Algorithms Engineer - Platform Architecture
Do you love working on state-of-the-art technologies? Are you a visionary and love solving technological and architectural challenges? At Apple, our Platform Architecture team features collaboration and hands-on environment that cultivates engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation. Join this team, and you’ll collaborate with engineers across Apple to develop algorithms and architectures that help build the seamless technology experiences we’re known for worldwide. In this highly visible role, you will be collaborating with software and hardware architects, designers and validation engineers from our software design, silicon design and display engineering teams to develop SOC HW architectures for Apple displays.
- 7+ years of experience in SOC and image processing or display architectures
- Proven experience working on image processing pipeline algorithms such as: geometric manipulation, image enhancement, colour management, and display compensation
- Experience writing hardware architecture specifications - preferred
- Experience with Matlab/C++ and scripting languages such as Python
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work across various teams
You will be responsible for defining new algorithms and hardware architectures for the display sub-system of Apple’s application processor chip (System on a Chip, or SOC). You will have responsibilities spanning various aspects of the design of the related IP, including: evaluate and prototype new display processing algorithms in Matlab and C/C++, define suitable architectures and evaluate tradeoffs for image quality, power, performance and area for hardware implementations, work with chip architecture teams, software teams, display engineering teams to define, document and implement display processing architectures.
Education & Experience
BSc / MSc in Electrical Engineering/ Computer Engineering