Analog IP Design Engineer
Do you love crafting elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Are you a holistic innovator who understands the importance of every detail? As part of our Analog and Digital Design group, you’ll help develop the highly detailed circuitry for the next generation of Apple products. You’ll work with other experts in AC/DC and DC/DC systems, power engineering, logic design, circuit design, and others to build our world-renowned electrical engineering solutions. From large-scale board design to the smallest transistor, you’ll ensure that every aspect of our products works both on its own and together. It’s our goal to make Apple products smarter and more efficient than ever before. Join us, and you’ll directly impact the functionality of devices people use worldwide. In this role, you will take part in development of analog IP. Your job is to assure the IP is meeting Apple's high quality standards and integrate in industry leading mobile devices. The role involves working closely with different multi-functional teams within Apple
- 7+ years experience in analog IC design
- Hands-on design expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Analog Front End: for low noise and high-resolution signal conditioning prior to ADC and op-amp, switch-cap filter, continuous time filter, reference/bias generation, LDO etc.
- Data conversion: ADC and DAC subsystem. Experience in design should cover different styles of data converters (delta-sigma, SAR, pipelined, SAR and flash ADC). You will need to be able to perform analysis at subsystem level and to decide on the right topology based on performance/power/area criteria. Also you should be potent ADC/DAC background calibration techniques.
- High speed I/O design: SerDes and DDR/LPDDR. Experience should cover state of art high performance and low power I/O ckt design. You should also be familiar with how I/O subsystem work including CDR topologies or DRAM interface standards
- Experience with advanced CMOS processes (45nm and below)
- Deep understanding of transistor device characteristics
- Deep understanding of power, area and performance trade-off in mixed-signal designs
- Knowledge of analog IC design flow and tools
- Knowledge of COT design flow is a plus
- Excellent social skills and high degree of self interpersonal skills suited for working in a remote setting with team members across multiple time zone
- Strong initiative and ownership of responsibilities, productive.
Defining and specifying requirements for analog IP IP design, characterization and debug Write specifications, test plans and characterization reports Supporting Apple system teams with product integration, bring up and debug Work with chip design teams, system HW and SW design teams, ATE PE
Education & Experience
BS.c in Electrical Engineering MS.c\ PhD - advantage