PHY System Engineer
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. Do you want to impact billions of users by developing an extraordinary product with a prime focus on accuracy, understandability and performance of the product? Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. PHY system engineers are responsible for pre/post-silicon system design activities to achieve full operation and optimisation of all PHY aspects of a highly integrated complex wireless communication device.
- 5-6 years of experience in communication / signal processing
- Deep understanding of RX and TX MODEM and RF chains
- Deep understanding of Wireless communication systems
- System level understanding - ability to comprehend and contribute to multi-disciplinary process employing HW, signal processing and SW
- High analytical skills - ability to triage a problem root cause in a complex system
- Familiarity and ability for SW/FW coding
- Familiarity with lab test equipment
- Understanding of MAC systems - an advantage
- Ability to work well in multi-team environment
In this role you will be part of the team responsible for the PHY system design integration of a WiFi/BT IC solution. This includes, among other things: Digital correction methods of RF impairments like Digital pre-distortion, IQ MM correction, Power Control, AGC, etc. Optimising PHY performance for a given system constraints. Debug complex multi-disciplinary issues spanning from RF, PHY, MAC, HW and SW. Ability to communicate with X-functional teams (RFIC, Algo, SW/FW etc.) All Team members are expected to perform hands-on PHY/RF lab work. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with the Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Apple Watch and now AirPods and HomePod. We have done the same with services, including iTunes, the App Store, Apple Music, and Apple Pay, setting the standard for excellence. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices — strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. You should join us to help deliver the next amazing Apple products.
Education & Experience
B.Sc. in EE , M.Sc. is an advantage