CAD Design Verification Engineer
We are looking for experience engineers to develop, maintain, and enhance existing sophisticated software systems for regression-testing Apple's silicon designs in software simulation, find and report defects in our chip designs, and thus ensure Apple tape-out world-class silicon. As a member of our CAD team, you will work closely with EDA vendors to incorporate new capabilities of their commercial tools and to resolve problems Your experience and insight, your skill at diagnosing the root cause of complex problems, and your ability to guide engineers who come to you with problems will be important contributions to an extended CAD team that comprehensively supports Apple’s verification and design engineering efforts.
- 5+ years of experience in Verilog and System Verilog
- Experienced with Synopsys VCS, NC-Verilog, or Models' - A must
- Strong scripting abilities in PERL are needed; TCL or Python is a plus
- Good communications skills are required and prior customer support experience is a plus
- Experience writing or maintaining the script or Makefile that builds the simulation Program from RTL is a plus. Familiarity with Verdi and/or DVE is considered a plus
- Knowledge at C and C++ is a plus
You will Develop, maintain, and enhance an existing system for regressing RTL. Role involves debugging vendor tool problems. Interacting with Verification teams to help solve their problems. Implement new functionality to solve emerging problems or to optimize already existing methods.
Education & Experience
BSc/ MSc in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.