WiFi/BT System Engineer
Will you help us design the next generation of revolutionary Apple products? You will become part of a hands-on development team that cultivates engineering excellence, creativity and innovation. You will engage in a collaborative, fast-paced environment to integrate new technologies into a product category that represents the frontier of consumer electronics.You will be responsible for ensuring the quality of the SOC and is expected to: Define system level behaviour of the wireless sub-system - HW definitions, HW-FW partition etc. Write system level documentation. Have strong communication skills combined with good collaborative approach to lead complex integration efforts in a specific area of the system. Strong debug capabilities. You need to be able to triage problems and understand if it is MAC/PHY, HW/SW and propose FW work around / HW fixes. Work closely with design, FW and micro-architecture teams to define the functional & performance goals of the system. Work independently & lead deliverables to align with the project goals plus support cross-functional engineering efforts. You will become part of a hands-on development team that cultivates engineering excellence, creativity and innovation.
- The ideal candidate will have 4+ years of experience, 2 out of which in system team / system work
- Deep understanding of communication systems (i.e. more than one discipline). Specific BT / WiFi knowledge is an advantage
- Proven experience with integration of complex systems and bring these complex systems to production
- Should be a team player with excellent communication skills and the desire to take on diverse challenges
- Scripting capabilities (Python / others)
- Familiarity working with standards - an advantage
- Knowledge of verification / ASIC design is an advantage
- Knowledge in programming system level simulations in Matlab / C++ - an advantage
As a member of the team, you will contribute to every aspect of electrical engineering, including:In this highly visible role, as part of a talented team, you will be at the heart of the system design effort interfacing with all disciplines (vertical product model) with critical impact in getting functional products to millions of customers quickly. You will go beyond the industry norm and demonstrate creativity in problem solving, ability to think dynamically and outside of standard convention, and adapt quickly to new technical areas. We promote innovation and new technology to further improve Apple's hardware performance and user experience. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with the Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Apple Watch and now AirPods and HomePod. We have done the same with services, including iTunes, the App Store, Apple Music, and Apple Pay, setting the standard for excellence. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices — strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. You should join us to help deliver the next amazing Apple product.
Education & Experience
BSEE / MSEE or MSCE