SoC Power Model Engineer
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product Generation. In this role you will be responsible to model, analysis and estimate power consumption of daily use cases on our next generation SoCs. Drive new ideas into micro-architecture, design and circuits to reduce SoC power across the dynamic range. Drive budgeting, measurement and analysis of overall SoC power for many use cases of interest. You Will work extensively with many teams across every stage of the project from Architectural definition through Design implementation and SW management to focus on power optimization. To be successful in this role, you must have keen interest and motivativation to deliver best experience to our users, and wide perspective in order to work simultaneously on multiple disciplines. This role is required working closely with many cross-functional teams and good understanding of hardware and software interaction at system level.
- Required skills and experience:
- Experience in SOC power simulation and modeling.
- Experience with ASIC power analysis and optimization
- Good understanding of power impact at architecture, logic design, and circuit levels.
- Understanding of SOC design flow and methodology.
- Strong interpersonal skills are a pre-requisite as you will collaborate with many different groups
- Preferred skills and experience:
- MS.c in Electrical Engineering
- Silicon power measurement experience
- Familiarity multimedia data processing
- Coding in Python
- Familiarity with Verilog and System Verilog
In this highly visible role, you will be responsible for SOC power simulation and power modeling, SOC use case power analysis, and drive the future SOC power optimization.
Education & Experience
BS.c in EE / MS.c in EE or Computer Science/ Electrical Engineering required.