PHY-Firmware Design & Development Engineer
Software and Services
Will you help us design future generations of revolutionary Apple products? The Phy Firmware team is seeking a firmware team leader with demonstrable passion for building new technologies. . The team design and Develop the Physical Layer Firmware for Wireless Communication Systems. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. Do you want to impact billions of users by developing an extraordinary product with a prime focus on accuracy, understandability and performance of the product? You will become part of a hands-on development team that furthers engineering perfection, creativity and innovation. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative technologies are the norm here. We want you to join our team if you are a resourceful engineer with the desire to research and develop solutions that do not yet exist.
- 3+ years of experience in low-level real-time/embedded programming and firmware architecture – Mandatory
- Experience and proficiency in C programming language – Mandatory
- Experience and proficiency in ARM CPU and/or DSP processors architecture – Mandatory
- Experience with programming in assembly language on industry standard CPUs and DSP processors – preferred
- Knowledge in wireless protocols: BlueTooth or WLAN (IEEE 802.11) highly preferred
- Knowledge in digital signal processing algorithms and/or RF systems- preferred
- Experience and proficiency in Scripting languages (Python, Perl)-preferred.
- Experience in RF lab work and testing equipment (Spectrum Analyzer,Signal Generator, etc.) – preferred.
Develop communication firmware for best-in-class implementation of various wireless standards Basic research of existing solutions in literature. Involvement in design of firmware architecture, from top-level down to block-level. Define and write high-level design documents that will enable firmware coding for micro-controller and DSP processor Optimise and fine-tune the firmware for spec compliance on silicon in an RF lab environment. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same passion for innovation also applies to our practices — strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. You should join us if you want to help deliver the next amazing Apple product.
Education & Experience
B.Sc/M.Sc in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer Science, or related discipline.