SW Development Eng
Software and Services
Our team within Apple's Core OS organization is looking for a talented and inspired Quality Engineer to work on the Storage Systems Quality Team. The team is responsible for validation and support of file systems, and storage system drivers on both iOS and OSX. This position’s primary focus will be supporting both local and network file systems including the new APFS file system, but the understanding of our teams other deliverables will also be required. Successful candidates will work hands-on with a team of quality engineers on the validation of new features, protocols, and hardware, as well as provide world-class support for existing deployments. So, are you a big-picture thinker who loves setting ambitious goals? Do you have a passion for understanding how each line of code affects all the others? Your dedication to cross-disciplinary collaboration will help develop groundbreaking technologies, such as iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS. By crafting these distinct, holistic user experiences, you’ll continue to uphold and advance the excellence people expect from Apple devices.
- Excellent understanding and ability in a scripting language such as Python, Bash, Ruby, LUA, Perl.
- Should be able to use scripting ability to create new automation tests as needed.
- QA experience and strong understanding of testing methodologies preferred.
- Ability to write Test case and Test Plans from Engineering documentation.
- Able to support Engineering team with triage, debugging and validation of software issues.
- Comfortable in working with multi-functional teams to drive efficient bug resolution.
- Ability to work independently and be enthusiastic in task completions.
- Highly professional with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Detail oriented.
You will join a dynamic team responsible for qualifying the latest Apple Products with a focus on file systems and storage. We work hand in hand with the Software Engineering teams to support code changes, focusing on increasing the depth and breadth of related tests in both an automated and hands on manner. The successful candidate will complete both documented and adhoc testing to ensure high quality releases for all our products. You will also be responsible for adding to the automation and test documentation as new features are implemented.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Engineering or related field