Systems Software Engineering Team Leader
Software and Services
Apples Platform Architecture group is looking for a talented and experienced technical software engineering manager to lead and build a team that helps bridge the gap between Architecture, Software and Hardware creating tools to support next generation Apple SoCs. In this unique and highly visible role you will be at the center of developing and delivering tools to many cross functional teams in turn having a huge impact on Apple’s timely delivery of great products.
- Experience managing a systems/low level software development team
- Proven track record of successful and timely software product delivery with complex dependencies
- Demonstrated innovative, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent collaborative skills including written and verbal communication
- History of motivating teams to meet aggressive goals and innovate
- Genuine passion for low-level system engineering and hardware/software integration
- Experience developing and shipping low level system software
- Strong knowledge of simulation, ARM and X86 ISAs, SoCs, Operating Systems internals, device drivers and boot code
Lead a team of 3-5 junior and senior software engineers. Define feature development scope and plan for successful product delivery. Manage several projects and conflicting priorities. Communicate status and progress clearly cross-functionally. Set expectations with Software, Architecture and Hardware stakeholders. Manage conflicting points of view. Balance high quality product delivery under extremely tight schedules while fostering long term innovation. Act as technical leader when design directions are unclear. Strengthen and grow the team by hiring and retaining top engineering talent
Education & Experience
Bachelor, Master degree or equivalent experience in computer science or a related field.