Linux system admin student (Herzliya)
Support and Service
Will you help us design future generations of revolutionary Apple products? Be inspired every single day. We’re perfectionists. Visionaries. Inventors. Forever tinkering with products and processes, always on the lookout for better. A job at Apple is one that requires a lot of you, but it’s also one that rewards bright, creative thinking and hard work. None of us here at Apple would have it any other way. At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? We have an opportunity for visionary and uncommonly talented students to join our teams. As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the rare and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every single day.
- Troubleshoot UNIX systems. This may include connectivity and remote access issues, secure access, disk space allocation, and system error troubleshooting.
- Automatically Install and configure Unix/Linux and Storage machine.
- Demonstrate initiative and sound judgment within established guidelines and procedures to assist engineering customers in accessing systems and troubleshooting problems.
- Be part of a global organization developing automation solutions for large scale compute environment.
- Follow department guidelines to assist engineers in gaining access to project related data.
- You will use your customer service experience in support of Apple's world class engineering teams. Apple customer service engineering staff must possess the ability to effectively communicate with engineers and co-workers over the phone, in person, and via email or chat. Therefore, excellent oral and written communication skills are essential.
Working within a heterogeneous environment Linux. There is a full range of back-end services that require customer support including, disk space allocation, work area management, compute and special purpose servers, virtual machine and X support. In addition to Linux debugging activities and automation solutions. Core Responsibilities: Support large scale compute environment, dealing with compute and storage through solid unix/Linux skills and storage knowledge.
Education & Experience
• A student for BSc and computer science or information systems with at least 2 years left to graduation • Available for work 2 full days a week • Knowledge of Linux is required. • Excellent customer service skills. • Fluent English is required
- Please add your Grades sheet when applying Apple