Machine Learning, Data Scientist
Software and Services
We are looking for engineers with a passion for using machine learning to create intelligent applications. In this highly accomplished, deeply technical and close-knit team of data scientists and machine learning engineers, you will create tools that are used by millions of people. You will design and implement new machine learning algorithms and techniques and collaborate with the most innovative product development teams in the world. Our group builds the platforms that enable teams across Apple to develop machine-learning solutions and empower intelligent user experiences. We are also building frameworks which empower the Apple developers community to add AI to their apps, such as Core ML and Turi Create ( https://developer.apple.com/machine-learning/) We are looking for new energetic members to join our Applied ML team that uses bleeding edge Deep Learning techniques to solve complex real life problems.
- At least 2 years of experience building models and applying machine learning techniques to power products & experiences
- Deep technical skills in Machine Learning, Deep Learning, or Computer Vision
- Strong software development skills. Experience building Software ML solutions – all the way from inception to production
- Proficiency in Python is preferred
- Experienced user of machine learning and statistical-analysis libraries, such as Turi Create, Pandas, Scikit-learn, XGboost
- Experience with deep learning frameworks, such as Torch, Keras, TensorFlow and Caffe is a plus
- Ability to explain and present analyses and machine learning concepts to a broad technical audience
- Creative, collaborative, & product focused
As a member of the Applied ML team, you will use your data science, machine learning and artificial intelligence skills to tackle challenging technical problems in our next generation products that will delight millions of people. You will also be a trusted advisor for best practice machine learning development. You will engage directly with data scientists and engineers in Apple product teams to co-develop machine learning solutions for a variety of tasks and projects using a variety of tools and techniques. Your responsibilities include: Solving a wide range real world problems using ML and DL algorithms. Building ML platforms and tools for data scientists and app developers. Collaborating with engineers from different backgrounds, being able to communicate results and concepts clearly and concisely.
Education & Experience
B.Sc or M.Sc in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering PhD is a plus