Electro Optical Validation Engineer
The Imaging and Sensing group at Apple develops depth sensing systems such as the revolutionary True Depth camera that powers FaceID. This multi-disciplinary group of engineers is responsible for architecture, design, development and testing of these highly complex sensing systems for Apple products. This team is looking for an Electro-Optical Validation Engineer to work on advanced technology development.
- Proven deep understanding of optical system along with design considerations and tradeoffs.
- Background as a system or System validation engineer in a multidisciplinary R&D organisation – 3-5 years
- Hands on experience:
- Matlab and/or python,
- lab automation (python, Labview)
- Optical Testing equipment (Spectrophotometers, interferometers, Autocollimators etc.)
- Statistical data analysis
- Optical test equipment development in collaboration with external vendors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven team player and leadership skills
- Team lead experience - preferred
Work closely with a global multidisciplinary R&D teams Characterize the overall System performance on all physical aspects: from prototype, through components, modules, and up to full system level. Develop tests and validation lab fixtures, in an End to End (E2E) approach (from requirements through design, integration and implementation). Ability to travel, up to 15%
Education & Experience
M.Sc. in Electro-Optics, Physics, or Electrical Engineering,