Electro Optical Validation Engineer - Imaging & Sensing Technology Group
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple products. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? The Imaging and Sensing group at Apple develops depth sensing systems such as the revolutionary True Depth camera that powers Face ID. This multi-disciplinary group of engineers is responsible for architecture, design, and development of these highly complex sensing systems for all Apple products. The Imaging and Sensing group is looking for an extraordinary engineers to drive state of the art technologies for Apple products. As part of the team you would work on core hardware components, including the Apple system optics pipeline, where you will have the chance to define the way that Apple develops, tests and manufactures all of its products. Our close-knit team fosters an environment of product innovation, rapid product iteration and collaboration at both team and multi-functional levels with a liberating amount of autonomy.
- Proven deep understanding of optical system along with design considerations and tradeoffs.
- Background as a system or System validation engineer in a multidisciplinary R&D organisation – 3-5 years
- Hands on experience:
- Matlab and/or python,
- lab automation (python, Labview)
- Optical Testing equipment (Spectrophotometers, interferometers, Autocollimators etc.)
- Statistical data analysis
- Optical test equipment development in collaboration with external vendors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven team player and leadership skills
- Team lead experience - preferred
Work closely with a global multidisciplinary R&D teams Characterize the overall System performance on all physical aspects: from prototype, through components, modules, and up to full system level. Develop tests and validation lab fixtures, in an End to End (E2E) approach (from requirements through design, integration and implementation). Ability to travel, up to 15%
Education & Experience
M.Sc. in Electro-Optics, Physics, or Electrical Engineering,