Design Integration Group Manager
Will you help us design future generations of revolutionary Apple products?Are you an engineer with a strong foundation and real passion for building new technologies? Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming outstanding products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. Do you want to impact billions of users by developing extraordinary products with a prime focus on accuracy and performance of the product? You will become part of a hands-on development team that fosters engineering excellence, creativity and innovation. Dynamic, encouraging people and innovative technologies are the norm here. We want you to join us if you are an innovative manager with the dream to research and develop solutions that do not yet exist If you’re passionate about silicon design and challenge is your middle name, you belong with us. Come and join a winning team and own the design of one of our most customer transparent mega IP.
- - 15+ years’ experience in digital logic design, 5+years in a management position of 10+ people, preferably experience as second line manager
- - Experience in driving microarchitecture and developing specifications for complex high speed data path designs
- - Consistent track record of complex RTL designs, preferably multi-clock and multi-power domain
- - Good handle on achieving PPA targets including experience with synthesis, STA, power optimization, CDC and RDC
- - Deep understanding of design verification and ability to work efficiently with verification teams to develop and deliver high quality RTL design on-time
- - Familiarity with common on-chip bus protocols such as AMBA (AXI, AHB, APB) and pixel processing designs is a plus
- - Experience in low-power design, tools and methodologies is highly desirable
- - Strong communication skills are a must, as the candidate will interface different cross functional teams across the company
- - Ability to work well under tight schedules and pressure
- Manage a team of up to 20 designers, delivering a state of the art image processing IP which is highly customer visible and critical to Apple’s products - Build the team including defining structure, working with the sourcing team to hire designers, technical mentorship, annual performance reviews and setting compensation - Work with architecture teams to define the design microarchitecture - Develop RTL design work plan and lead all aspects of its execution while ensuring PPA and quality targets are met while working closely with FE/PD/DV teams - Deliver high quality netlist to FE/PD teams - Work with power/performance teams to achieve system targets - Work with SW and SiVal teams on silicon/FPGA debug to help root cause failures and provide workarounds
Education & Experience
B.Sc. / M.Sc. Electrical Engineering / Computer Engineering Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here. Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more. Apple's committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Learn more.