Senior Signal Processing Algorithms Researcher - Imaging & Sensing Technology Group
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple products. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? The Imaging and Sensing group at Apple develops depth sensing systems such as the revolutionary True Depth camera that powers Face ID. This multi-disciplinary group of engineers is responsible for architecture, design, and development of these highly complex sensing systems for all Apple products. The Imaging and Sensing group is looking for an extraordinary signal processing engineer to drive state of the art technologies for Apple products. As part of the team you would work on core hardware components, including the Apple Image signal processing pipeline, and machine learning neural engine, where you will have the chance to define the way that Apple develops, tests and manufactures all of its products. Our close-knit team fosters an environment of product innovation, rapid product iteration and collaboration at both team and multi-functional levels with a liberating amount of autonomy.
- At least 7 years of experience in signal processing research and implementation in the industry, with strong theoretical background.
- Experience should include:
- Proven record of research and implementation in signal processing algorithms
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: Parameter estimation, communication, Control, Detection and tracking.
- Background in one or more of the following domains: Radar or Lidar systems, high speed wireless or wireline communications, machine learning applications to signal processing problems.
- Experience in developing algorithms for efficient VLSI implementation.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team.
We seek an experienced signal processing researcher, to take a leading role in developing an advanced sensor system. The job includes requirement analysis; development of algorithms, simulations, and processing architectures; data and performance analysis.
Education & Experience
M.Sc. or Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field