SoC Physical Design Verification Engineer
Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you’ll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You’ll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you’ll be crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple’s devices. Together, we enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. In this highly visible role, you will be a part of a critical team responsible for physical verification of an SOC.
- - Understand how to support partition owners with DRC issues
- - Familiar with GDS assembly, GDS requirements for hard macros
- - Familiar with hierarchical design approach, top-down design
- - Understanding of DRC correlation with PNR tools, ERC, high voltage checks
- - Background with LVS
- - Experience with padring, bump, RDL design
- - Layout design background and experience a plus.
- - Experienced in industry standard tools used for physical verification such as Mentor Calibre, etc.
- - Familiar with TCL scripting
- Work with Physical Design team to understand chip architecture and drive physical verification aspects early in design cycle. - Working on full chip DRC, LVS DRC. - Work with physical design team, drive methodologies and “best known methods” to streamline physical design work, come up with guidelines and checklists, drive execution, and track progress while offering physical verification support. - Support partition owners with Physical Verification activities, set goals, plan short and long-term work. - Resolve design and flow issues related to physical design, identify potential solutions and drive execution. - You will have hands on experience in physical verification and large chip integration - Collaborate with the package and floorplan teams
Education & Experience
BSEE or MSEE Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.