Embedded Software Engineer
Software and Services
Apple's Hardware Test Engineering (HWTE) team is looking for an exceptional embedded software engineer to drive cutting-edge technologies for Apple products. As part of this team you'll have the opportunity to make a major impact in the way that Apple develops, tests and manufactures its products. Our environment fosters product innovation, rapid product iteration and a liberating amount of autonomy.
- A genuine passion for embedded software development
- Highly proficient in C/C++
- Experience developing and troubleshooting device drivers
- Understanding and experience with ARM platform and architecture / instruction set
- Experience with JTAG debugging and with debuggers such as gdb, lldb
- Able to comprehend hardware specs and schematics
- Familiarity with scopes and logic analysers is a major plus
- Understanding and/or experience with UEFI (EDK2) is nice to have
- Excellent collaborative skills, creativity and the ability to deliver proven work on tight schedules
Our team is responsible for the software platform used inside all Apple products under development for product validation and testing. As part of this team you will develop drivers and BSPs for common interfaces, chipsets, communications protocols and various SoC IPs for all new Apple devices. We work from pre-silicon development stage and up to the final production of the products. You will also implement features to support the platform used for hardware testing and diagnosis of Apple’s devices. This is a highly cross-functional role and you’ll work closely with various teams, like EE, Systems Engineering, Hardware Testing, QA, Factory, Manufacturing and Operations. The environment is dynamic, fast-paced and requires a go-getter attitude.
Education & Experience
BSc/MSc in Computer Engineering or Computer Science, or related discipline