Embedded Software Engineer
Software and Services
Apple's embedded firmware/software team is looking for an exceptional software engineer to drive cutting-edge technology for Apple products. Working on core technologies you'll have the opportunity to make a major impact in the way that Apple develops, tests and manufactures its products. Our environment fosters product innovation, rapid product iteration and a liberating amount of autonomy.
- A genuine passion for embedded software development
- Proficiency in C/C++
- Understanding and/or experience with UEFI (EDK2) not mandatory but a massive plus
- Understanding and experience with ARM platform and architecture/instruction set
- Experience developing device drivers
- Experience with debuggers such as gdb, lldb, etc
- Familiarity with scopes and logic analyzers
- Able to comprehend hardware specs and schematics
- Excellent collaborative skills, should be a great teammate
In this role you will implement software and drivers for common firmware interfaces, chipsets, communications protocols and various SoC IPs. You will also implement features to support hardware testing and diagnosis of Apple’s mobile devices. This is a highly multi-functional role and you’ll work closely with various teams, like EE, Systems Engineering, Hardware Testing, QA, Factory, Manufacturing and Operations. The environment is dynamic, fast-paced and requires a go-getter attitude.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Engineering