NFS QA automation Engineer
The Storage Systems team within Apple's Core OS organization is looking for a talented and inspired Quality Engineer to work on the Storage Systems Quality Team. The team is responsible for validation and support of file systems on both iOS and OSX. This position’s primary focus will be supporting network file systems testing. Successful candidates will work hands-on with a team of quality engineers on the validation of new features, protocols, and hardware, as well as provide world-class support for existing deployments.
- In-depth understanding of Networking principles, and fundamental protocols like IP, TCP, UDP
- A solid understanding of Network File Systems desirable
- An understanding of modern File Systems and potential issues
- System administration and/or DevOps experience a plus
- Experience with a variety of operating systems (Windows, Linux, BSD) and virtualization technologies
- Excellent understanding and ability in a scripting language such as Python, Bash.
- Should be able to use scripting ability to create new automation tests as needed
- QA experience and strong understanding of testing methodologies preferred
- Ability to write Test case and Test Plans from Engineering documentation
- Able to support Engineering team with triage, debugging and validation of software issues
- Comfortable in working with cross-functional teams to drive efficient bug resolution
- Ability to work independently and be proactive in task completions
- Highly professional with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules
- Familiarity with C or Objective-C desirable but not required
You will join a dynamic team responsible for qualifying the latest Apple Products with a focus on file systems and storage. We work hand in hand with the Software Engineering teams to support code changes, focusing on increasing the depth and breadth of related tests in both an automated and hands on manner. The successful candidate will complete both documented and adhoc testing to ensure high quality releases for all our products They will also be responsible for adding to the automation and test documentation as new features are implemented.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Engineering/ Computer Science or related field