Software and Services
The Storage team within Apple's Core OS organisation is looking for an exceptional engineer to work on state-of-the art kernel technology for storage. Working on a core technology for Apple products, you will have the opportunity to have a major impact on the design and implementation of Apple's operating systems.
- Expert level C programming skills a must and Linux kernel programming.
- Experience in C++ is an advantage.
- Familiarity with compilers, linkers, and source code management utilities.
- Design, implementation and responsibility for a major projects.
- A genuine passion for operating system technology and kernel architecture.
- Familiarity with OS performance analysis and trouble-shooting.
- Familiarity with storage and IO paradigms
Maintain device drivers, block storage stack and user level frameworks for storage technologies in iOS and MacOS. Develop new features/device drivers/firmware for new storage technologies. Design, code, and maintain firmware updaters, test tools, and basic command line relevant to storage technologies. Mac/iOS system bring-up and system-level debug of issues with new chipsets and hardware devices. Make enhancements to the Darwin kernel and other related software stacks (e.g. USB) as necessary.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in CS/CE/EE ( or equivalent field ). MSc Preferred.