Imagine what you could do here at Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Apple Israel is seeking a skilled FPGA Design Engineer with strong capabilities in system and hardware-level design. The engineer will play an integral role for Apple, requiring an experienced, self-driven engineer with great initiative. The individual will be responsible for selection, development, and integration of FPGA’s that implement functionality on prototypes: spanning from low-level hardware control & status for embedded systems, to high speed links, to high level IP blocks, to custom hardware-accelerated algorithms & filters. This role offers an incredible opportunity to work with and learn from world-class experts in multiple disciplines, while working on exciting design applications.
- Proficient in Verilog RTL language.
- Experienced with large FPGA development on Altera or Xilinx devices.
- Very familiar with Altera's or Xilinx's build flow including design entry in Verilog, synthesis, place and route, timing constraints and timing closure.
- Hands on with lab FPGA debug methodologies, such as ChipScope, SignalTap or others.
- Hands on experience with lab debug equipment, such as oscilloscopes and logic analysers.
- Experience with verification methodologies, RTL and gate level simulations and debug.
- Experience debugging silicon and PCB issues.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrate the desire to take on diverse challenges.
Experience and strong foundations in digital design and communications. 3-5 years of experience developing embedded systems with: Micro-controllers, microprocessors (ARM), computers, Processor peripheral interfaces (USB, I2C, SPI, storage, high speed serial I/F’s) Proven track record of developing electronics: from concept to production Experience with industry-standard protocols (PCI Express, USB, Ethernet, etc.) Experience with camera-related protocols like MIPI is strongly preferred Experience with board bring-up and debug of digital hardware
Education & Experience
BSc/ MSc in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering