Software Engineer - Python
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionised entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Our growing team is looking for a passionate software engineer to join us and develop a multi thread, multi process framework. You will be an active developer of a software framework for the core development of Wireless Technologies. You will design and develop dedicated modules and advanced tools that are in extensive daily use. You will directly influence the productivity of hundreds of users. You will take Python to its limits.
- 7+ years software development experience in an OOP environment
- Proven experience in design and develop complex system with multiple components
- Experience with multiprocessing/multithreading development
- Development experience with Unix/Linux operating systems
- Extensive Experience with Python 2 and 3 - Major Advantage
- Understanding of Wireless Technologies such as Bluetooth/WiFi – An advantage
- Team Player, being able to drive action to completion
- Agile and flexible developer that can move quickly between tasks
- Detailed oriented, Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
In this role you will be part of a core team in Wireless Technologies group, responsible for software design and development for a high-end framework. As a team member, you will participate in all phases of feature development - concept, requirements, design, development, implementation, testing and user support. Expected to be highly motivated, enthusiastic programmer with advanced problem solving and debugging skills. The ideal candidate will be a great teammate. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Education & Experience
M.Sc./B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent