System Software Engineer
Software and Services
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally up and down the software stack, enabling new hardware and software platform features as well as improving the performance and security of the system.
- Excellent C and C++ programming skills
- Experience with Objective-C or Swift is a plus
- Strong understanding of operating system concepts and layering
- Strong understanding of file system principles
- Experience with network client-server programming using the BSD Sockets API
- Experience programming in the Linux / BSD / POSIX environment
- Basic familiarity with the interface between kernel and user-space in a Unix system
- Experience with API design
- Ability to quickly understand and modify existing codebases
- Ability to ramp up quickly on both new technologies and existing technologies
- Familiarity with Apple products and technologies is a plus
- Highly focused, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules
- Excellent collaborative skills, with strong written and verbal communication
You will be working on a variety of client-server applications and support frameworks that contribute to the user experience of Apple products by providing tighter integration of applications and system components with the file system.
Education & Experience
BS or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience/skills.