Senior SW Engineer - Imaging & Sensing Technology Group
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple products. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? The Imaging and Sensing group at Apple develops depth sensing systems such as the revolutionary True Depth camera that powers Face ID. This multi-disciplinary group of engineers is responsible for architecture, design, and development of these highly complex sensing systems for all Apple products. Apple's Camera group is looking for an extraordinary Senior SW Engineer to drive state of the art technologies for Apple products. As part of the team you would work on core hardware components, including the Apple Image signal processing pipeline, and machine learning neural engine, where you will have the chance to define the way that Apple develops, tests and manufactures all of its products. Our close-knit team fosters an environment of product innovation, rapid product iteration and collaboration at both team and multi-functional levels with a liberating amount of autonomy.
- Multi-Disciplinary engineer - from Object Oriented Programming, to scripting, DB, UI and more.
- Programming experience using some of the following: Python, C++, ObjectiveC, C#.
- Experience in architecting, designing and writing platform software management of big data platform.
- Experience in Cloud environments running thousands of nodes and jobs (AWS, Azure)
- Database work experience
- Highly motivated and proven capability to work in a group but yet have the ability to handle tasks independently
- Expected to be innovative, think out of the box & have a strong drive for excellence
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience
- Image Processing / CV ML background.
- Familiarity with cameras and sensors
- Leading activities experience
- iOS App development
- Working with rational databases using SQL
- Designing, building, and maintaining RESTful APIs
In this role, you will contribute to engineering efforts from design to implementation, solving complex technical challenges in multiple areas focusing on versatile development, from large scale imaging data platforms to SW tools and applications. As a member of this team you will be responsible for developing, testing and deploying large scale data applications as part of an infrastructure that uses a database and distributed nodes over the cloud. You will be also responsible to design and develop innovative devices for data collections, integrating image processing algorithms and writing efficient image capture applications using multiple sensors on top of iOS, MacOS, Windows and Linux.
Education & Experience
BSc in Computer Science