Study Data Manager - Imaging & Sensing Technology Group
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple products. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? The Imaging and Sensing group at Apple develops depth sensing systems such as the revolutionary True Depth camera that powers Face ID. This multi-disciplinary group of engineers is responsible for architecture, design, and development of these highly complex sensing systems for all Apple products. We are seeking a Study Data Manager to serve as a technical lead for all data management activities for sensing, imaging and depth related studies.
- 2+ years experience of data management used for Machine Learning
- Detailed oriented, thorough, and organised
- Strong track record of on-time project delivery
- Experience working with external test sites and/or managing vendors
- Ability to influence teams to adopt best practices
- Self-motivated and proactive with critical thinking and resourcefulness to drive the project to success
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Basic python and scripting skills
- Experienced with multinational development environment
- Strong Advantage: Experience as a program/project manager
- Strong Advantage: Image Processing / CVML background.
- Advantage: Familiarity with cameras and sensors
- Advantage: Experience with operating imaging and depth data capture systems
- Advantage: Working with large scale databases
A Study Data Manager is responsible for providing oversight and direction of data management activities for all studies. Managing the entire data lifecycle of a study specifying data requirements, processes required, acceptance criteria, data labelling requirements, developing and/or reviewing database design specifications and data integrity inspection. Creating entry and data handling guideline documents for site data entry. Working with Algorithm developers and SW engineers to ensure the right data is being collected for the study. Designing complete data management quality plan and offering solutions to address quality concerns. Working with external teams to set database specifications, data types, and data acceptance criteria. Providing requirements for data tools. Managing and performing small scale and local captures to prove feasibility of a large scale data collection. Collaborating with external and internal teams to support the study set-up, maintenance, and project closeout of data management activities.
Education & Experience
BSc in Computer Science MSc advantage