Electro Optical Designer - Imaging & Sensing Technology Group
The Imaging and Sensing group at Apple develops depth sensing systems such as the revolutionary True Depth camera that powers FaceID. This multi-disciplinary group of engineers is responsible for architecture, design, and development of these highly complex sensing systems for Apple products. This team is seeking an expert optical engineer with a broad background in lens design, characterization and manufacturing
- The ideal candidate must have expertise in the design of optical components and modules for high-volume products
- At least 5 years of hands on experience in optical design.
- Experienced in sequential and non-sequential design tools.
- Experienced in tolerance analysis (thermal, over production).
- Experienced in system level optical analysis (stray light, efficiencies etc.)
- Proficient verbal and written English language skills.
Design of lenses and other optical elements for complex optical systems Simulation of full optical path including detailed tolerance and stray-light analysis Develop methods for characterization and test of novel optical components Author clear documentation on requirements, design, and test Direct interface with lens and optical component suppliers from initial design review through manufacturing Occasional travel to manufacturing partners is required.
Education & Experience
B.Sc./M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering\ Physics, majoring Optical Engineering or related fields