Analog Layout Engineer
Imagine what you could do here at Apple? Together we could help craft the next generation of the world’s finest devices. New ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your career, and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are searching for a self-motivating, passionate layout expert to join us. As a part of the layout team, you will be working on the latest technology nodes to create world-class custom analog designs. This is a fast paced work environment with endless learning opportunities working on a multi-disciplinary team with members of design, integration, CAD and technology engineering.
- 8 years of experience in analog/mixed-signal layout design of deep sub-micron CMOS circuits.
- Experience implementing analog layouts to achieve tight matching, low noise, and low power consumption. Layouts may include analog blocks, resistors, capacitors, pad IOs, ESD structures, etc.
- High level of proficiency in custom and standard cell based floor-planning and hierarchical layout assembly.
- Deep understanding of layout techniques for handling IR drop, RC delay, electro-migration, self heating and coupling capacitance.
- Ability to recognize failure prone circuit and layout structures, good grasp of analog and DFM standard methodologies, and proactivity in working with circuit designers to identify the best approach to solving problems.
- High level proficiency in interpretation of Calibre DRC, ERC, LVS, etc. reports.
- Knowledge of Mentor Graphics or Cadence layout tools.
- Scripting skills in PERL or SKILL are considered a plus, but not required.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with multi-functional teams.
As a member of the AMS layout team you will be responsible for delivering fully-verified, clean layout, including: Designing complex layout for mixed signal, and analog circuits in deep sub-micron CMOS technologies. Reviewing and analyzing floor-plans and complex circuits with circuit designers. Running complete set of design verification tools available on AMS blocks. Collaborating with the circuit design team to plan/schedule work and negotiate any necessary layout trade-offs as needed. Interpreting LVS, DRC and ERC reports to find the fastest way to complete layout. Utilizing advanced CAD tools and mask design knowledge to deliver correct and robust layout that meet stringent matching performance, area and power requirements.
Education & Experience
BS.c Degree, or equivalent