File Systems Engineer
Software and Services
The File System team is looking for an engineer that will contribute to the design and implementation of Apple's file systems and services for our platforms (macOS, iOS, watchOS, tvOS). Filesystems and in particular our next generation filesystem APFS, are a core technology for all of our software platforms, and the base for our operating systems as a whole. Working on these technologies, you will have the opportunity to have a major impact on the design and implementation of Apple's consumer products. Our environment fosters product innovation, rapid software iteration, and a liberating amount of autonomy. The work will require close collaboration with other teams in the US.
- Excellent C/C++ coding skills.
- Solid understanding of file systems, data structures, operating systems.
- Exceptional problem solving and debugging skills.
- Independent, highly motivated, with good interpersonal skills.
- A strong commitment to developing for testability and reliability.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- Experience with Linux /Windows kernel programming - Advantage.
- Experience with development in OSX Kernel and iOS environments -Advantage.
Work with a highly skilled engineering team in the design and implementation of file systems technologies. Design and implement new product components that require research and analysis. Participation in all phases of a product development cycle: from product definition and design, through implementation, debugging and testing. Play a key role in system performance analysis and optimization. Perform functional, system, and load/stress analysis. Maintenance and enhancement of existing file systems. Work with cross-functional teams to support developer and product requirements.
Education & Experience
B.Sc. or higher degree in CS/CE