Camera HW Engineering Program Manager - Imaging & Sensing Technology Group
The Imaging and Sensing group is looking for an Engineering Program Manager (EPM) that will be responsible to drive design, development and integrate next generation, high quality, depth and imaging technologies into Apple product line. In this highly multi-functional role, you will orchestrate efforts of the hardware, optics, software and operations teams. As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the rare and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire Apple’s customers every day. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple products. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? The Imaging and Sensing group at Apple develops camera and depth sensing systems such as the revolutionary True Depth camera that powers Face ID, and the LiDAR in the new iPhone 12 Pro. This multi-disciplinary group of engineers is responsible for architecture, design, and development of these highly complex sensing systems for all Apple products.
- 5+ years of program or product management in hardware development with experience with end-to-end technology development.
- Experience in driving multi-functional efforts across major technical fields: SW, HW, Electro-optics and QA.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills to engineers, managers, and executives.
- Identifying risks, developing mitigation strategies, and facilitating resolutions.
- Sound technical foundation in Electrical Engineering Fundamentals - standard methodologies and related dependencies.
- Highly motivated and self-starter.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to inspire team members.
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies.
- Creative and organized with ability of creating high quality plans and status reports.
- Experienced with multinational development environment.
-Define, drive, own and ship all aspects of large, multi-functional efforts and feature areas. -Create and maintain project schedules. -Partner with engineering teams throughout feature development from architecture, design, implementation and validation. -Proactively identify, prioritize, and drive resolution to program issues. -Present and communicate new feature initiatives, top issues, risks and critical achievements to executive leadership. -Collaborate with Engineering, Quality, and Operations teams with ongoing improvements to the program management processes. -Facilitating effective communication and transparency between the cooperating cross-functional teams. -Understand technical issues and drive them to closure by bringing key stokeholds for decision-making. -Multiple international travel pre year may be required.
Education & Experience
B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering, Physics or related field, preferred M.Sc – an advantage