SW Storage Validation Engineer
Software and Services
The Storage Systems team within Apple's Core OS organization is looking for a talented and inspired Software Developer to work on the File Systems Quality Team. The team is responsible for validation and support of file systems on both iOS and macOS. This position’s primary focus will be supporting the APFS file system. Successful candidates will work hands-on with a team of quality and development engineers on the validation of new features, protocols, and hardware, as well as provide world-class support for existing deployments.
- Solid understanding of software development principles
- A good understanding of modern file system and potential issues
- Knowledge of test methodology used in the storage
- Good scripting skills in at least one common language (Python, Perl, Shell)
- Familiarity with OSX/Unix
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Comfortable in working with cross-functional team to drive efficient bug resolution
- Familiarity with C or C++ desirable
You will join a dynamic team responsible for qualifying the latest Apple Products with a focus on file systems and storage. We work hand in hand with the Software Development Engineering teams to support code changes, focusing on increasing the depth and breadth of related tests in both an automated and hands on manner. You will write Test Plans, develop test tools, execute, triage, debug scripts and infrastructure for test rack operation and optimization. The successful candidate will complete both documented and ad hoc testing to ensure high quality releases for all our products. They will also be responsible for adding to automation and test documentation as new features are implemented.
Education & Experience
BS in CS/CE/EE