Mechanical Engineer - Imaging & Sensing Technology Group
The Camera Hardware Engineering group is responsible for all research, design, development, test, and qualification of Camera & Depth hardware for Apple products. This team is seeking an experienced mechanical engineer with experience designing opto-mechanical assemblies. We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are targeting will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk.
- CAD drafting and design, experience with NX and SolidWorks
- Tolerance analysis of high complexity and precision mechanical designs
- Experience with mechanical design for cameras and/or optical modules/systems for MP is a significant advantage
- Experience in designing and manufacturing test stations and mechanical optical setups is an advantage
- Experience in FEA simulations (ANSYS, ABACUS, Simulations) an advantage
- Excellent documentation skills, including manufacturing and inspection drawings
- Ability to communicate technical information to a broad audience to build understanding and support
- Proficient verbal and written english language skills
Design of opto-mechanical assemblies and packaging in CAD Design of CNC, injection molded, sheet metal and other component parts Close interface with manufacturing partners on design for manufacturability and resolution of mechanical issues Authoring of detailed 3D manufacturing and inspection drawings Rigorous tolerance analysis of module designs and component parts Author clear documentation on mechanical inspection, test requirements and assembly instructions. Travel to vendor sites will be required
Education & Experience
BS with 7+ years of experience in Opto- Mechnical Engineering (MS/ PhD degree is an advantage).