Senior iOS Software Engineer- Location Technologies
Software and Services
The technologies within Apple’s CoreLocation are fundamental in enabling location-aware experiences to users across all platforms. Our customers rely on fast and accurate location for many of their most important daily needs. As a Software Engineer pursuing special projects within the Location Team, you will be part of an exciting team investigating new technologies which transform the lives of our customers. If you are a motivated, passionate senior SW engineer who wants to bring the next generation of location features to life, we may be the team for you.
- Strong software generalist and experience with object oriented languages (C++)
- Deep understanding of software design paradigms and software development best practices
- Ability to architect and implement software for technology evaluation, prototyping, and production
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Know how to debug complex systems
- Strong creative problem solving skills
- A passion for programming and building things
- Experience with data analysis and results dashboards a plus
- iOS, OS X, application, and/or Unix system development a plus
Here at Apple, we build devices and services that enrich our customers’ lives. In the location technologies group, we help people connect: with each other and with our planet. We reach more than a billion people. We help them find their way, and we help them find each other. Every single day, our customers use location services, so what we do and how we do it makes a difference. Join our team, and we’ll help you do the best work of your life. Join a team which designs, implements, and powers brand new technologies and services on the world's fastest-growing mobile development platform. We are looking for a highly-motivated and creative Software Engineer with a strong background in computer science to help develop new technologies for special projects on the location services team. Our special projects target innovative new signals and technologies to enhance location-aware user experiences. Architect and implement production software systems for new technologies, fusing them with existing capabilities, and bringing new experiences to our users. Collaborate with developers on other iOS teams to architect the full iOS solution. Design and implement full-stack technologies integrating wireless technologies to solve real-world problems. Participate in brainstorming and evaluating new technologies as iOS continues to evolve
Education & Experience
Degree in computer science/engineering/related field.