Depth Module Design Lead- Imaging & Sensing Technology Group
The Imaging and Sensing group at Apple develops depth sensing systems such as the revolutionary True Depth camera that powers Face ID and the LiDAR Scanner in the new iPad Pro. This team is seeking for Module Design Lead to lead development of Depth HW modules in engagements with product and technology teams. We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are targeting will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk.
- Ability to lead multi-functional teams and take responsibility for project success
- 4+ years direct experience preferred in at least 1-2 of the skills listed below, and sufficient multi-functional knowledge to effectively lead multi-disciplinary teams:
- Depth sensor design, tolerancing, & characterization
- Design of laser and LED based projector systems
- Design of compact optical systems or cameras for mobile applications
- Design and test of compact imaging optics
- Experience with test development for high-precision, high-volume optics modules
- Electronic circuit design and test. Digital experience with at least some power-supply analog.
- Ability to travel internationally to support product development and production ramp (25% typical)
- In addition, the following experience is highly desired:
- Manufacturing processes for high-precision, high-volume modules
- Data analysis and statistics using MATLAB or JMP
The primary responsibility for this role is design and delivery of depth sensing modules, from concept through production ramp. Heavy interaction with multidisciplinary design teams (electrical, mechanical, process, test, firmware, software and operations) requires the ability to understand a wide breadth of engineering and technical principles. Responsibilities include: - Multi-functional leadership of optical, electrical and mechanical design teams to develop and integrate depth hardware into products - Concept definition, design, and detailed trade studies for laser projectors, camera optics, sensors, and module packaging - Documentation of module-specific design, test, and manufacturing requirements - Leadership of international manufacturing partners for module design evaluation, prototype builds, and qualification - Leadership of depth module test definition and validation in Apple labs and at manufacturing sites - Detailed failure analysis of any issues affecting functionality and performance at module and product level - Frequent reporting to executive and multi-functional teams on development status of module development
Education & Experience
BSc/MSc/PhD in relevant field (Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Optics, Physics).