Wireless Communication System Engineer
Do you imagine what you could do here? At Apple, new insights have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. The Wireless Communication group at Apple is a rapidly growing, high energy, results-oriented team. The team is responsible for the system design integration of a Wireless IC solution. We are looking for a forward-thinking, motivated and hardworking System Engineer to be a part of Apple’s new product introduction process from prototype to mass production.
- 3+ years of experience in communication/RF architecture/signal processing/algorithm development
- Background in Communication systems (emphasis on cellular wireless systems)
- Deep understanding of RX and TX MODEM and RF chains
- System-level understanding: ability to comprehend and contribute to multi-disciplinary processes such as HW, signal processing and SW
- Excellent coding and scripting skills for tests, control, and calibrations: Matlab, Python, C/C++
- Familiarity with lab test equipment, preferably RF oriented
- Knowledge and experience in digital signal processing - an advantage
- MMW experience - an advantage
- Experience in wireless standards (5G-NR/4G LTE) - an advantage
As a System engineer you will be responsible for pre/post-silicon system design activities, to achieve full operation and optimization of all RF aspects of a highly complicated wireless communication device, which includes: RF impairments estimation and correction, power control, AGC, DPD, CFR, etc. This role requires a vast knowledge of Communication techniques: modulation schemes, transmission properties and impairments, reception methods, and the artifacts that can impact them. In addition, a System-level multi-disciplinary understanding is required: FW/HW partitioning. All team members are encouraged to perform hands-on RF lab work, analyze results/data, present coherently and make a calculated conclusion, and to be able to connect with the cross-functional teams: Silicon Design (analog and Digital), System architectures, PHY/MAC SW/FW design, etc.
Education & Experience
B.Sc. In EE, M.Sc. is an advantage