SoC low power design, analysis and modeling
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norms here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product Generate and drive new ideas in micro-architecture and/or circuits to reduce CPU power across the dynamic range.
- Familiarity with script writing in Python, Perl, or Tcl.
- Familiarity with SOC design flow and methodology.
- Familiarity with power simulation and power optimization.
- Strong interpersonal skills are a pre-requisite as you will collaborate with a lot of different groups
- Experience with SOC power modeling, low power design, and power optimization (Advantage)
- Silicon power measurement experience is a plus
Drive budgeting and analysis of overall Chip/Subsystems power for different use cases. Work extensively with Architects, Design, and Physical teams to define power strategies and analyze power reduction opportunities. Model and analyze power scenarios for state of the art, highly power-sensitive Cellular architectures. Develop a Chip/IP power model on new architecture designs, providing power data for performance/power/area trade-offs. Understand the interactions of the product at the software and system-level that impact power.
Education & Experience
BS.c in EE / MS.c in EE or Computer Science/ Electrical Engineering required.