Project Manager / Engineer
This role requires the culmination of all the skills of a proven Project/Program Manager with additional Design & Construction expertise and Customer Relationship Management skills! The role requires a consistent track record and emphasis on project development and delivery, financial and risk analysis, understanding of various contract delivery methods, good relationship skills, timely problem identification and resolution and a good knowledge of construction techniques and PM tools and processes at high and low complexity levels. Also, sound understanding of Time, Cost, Risk, Quality and Environmental management through end-to-end project ownership. The ability to act fast on your feet whilst liaising with multiple Apple stakeholders and internal delivery streams with accurate and timely structured and ad-hoc reporting is a must!
- 6+ years in Project Management within a recognised consulting or client organisation.
- Related experience, including corporate office environment and fast-track delivery models
- Ability to connect and lead dispersed internal/external project teams.
- Understanding of construction methods and approval processes.
- Experience with high-end local and technical projects within region an advantage.
- Minimum degree level qualification in building or project management related field.
- Good verbal and written English.
- Consistent track record in delivery of projects.
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Project and program management skills.
- Vendor management/performance measurement skills.
- Strong process orientation. Robust review sign-off.
- Strong individual accountability.
- Cost management oversight skills. Value engineering skills.
- Deep knowledge of all aspects of design, construction and project management.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate well by building strong relationships
- Understanding of the requirements of both large and small projects.
- Understanding of MEP design and technical terms.
- Advanced skills in project planning, execution, monitoring & management processes.
- Good risk management skills.
- Strong change management skills and experience at scope change control.
- Strong problem-solving and negotiations skills.
- Professional manner and presentation.
- Self Starter, highly motivated to succeed and provide best-in-class PM services.
- Able to work as individual or team contributor.
- Strong reporting ability
- Good understanding of project resource requirements and procurement processes.
- Strong understanding of construction contract strategies and approaches.
- Project Management software, iWorks or MS Office proficiency e.g. Spreadsheet, Word, Presentation.
- Passion for project management and outstanding services and deliverables.
- In addition to the above skills, this position requires a sound knowledge and understanding of core Facilities Management subject matter including:
- Operations Management.
- Project/Facilities integrated design.
- Tenant improvement construction.
Management of project delivery across Israel, including: - Assist and support the Head of Real Estate & Development, Israel on a day to day basis relating to project delivery. - Collaborating with key personnel in the Apple business, Landlords, Real Estate & Development and their nominated internal/external vendors/suppliers/partners. - Participate in the regional focus group to improve consistency of delivery and service. - Hands-on provision of comprehensive PM tools & services. - Manage single or multiple, simple to complex projects simultaneously from conception to completion. Appoint and manage vendor PM, design team and GC contract resources for projects as the need arises. - Adherence to the use of established protocols, tools & processes. - Responsible for all statutory and environmental compliance requirements. - Project adherence to Apple design guidelines and design coordination with Apple global design team. - Follow-up with main stakeholders on project delivery tracking, issues/risks and results. - Ensure project(s) meet Apple's time, cost, quality constraints and overall goals and objectives.
Education & Experience
- DECISION MAKING:
- The Project manager will assist the Head of RE&D, Israel with overall strategy and policy around design, construction and project management on specified projects. This will include the project manager, designers and contractor sourcing strategies, project development and delivery models, contracting models, client relationship approach, etc. Decisions will be made with input from the Head of RE&D, Israel and the RE&D global design team.
- COMMUNICATION & BUSINESS RELATIONSHIPS:
- The person hired for this role will build and implement a communications strategy (using email, internal websites, training, VCs, conference calls, etc.) to share the tools, processes and improvement plans they develop.
- They will also define, coordinate and deliver (along with their peer subject matter specialists) an engagement process for getting input and participation from local/regional/global RE&D professionals.
- The person hired for this position will provide a key contact point for RE&D vendors who deliver project design, construction and project management related services. They will provide direction, share standard methodologies and coordinate efforts between vendors.
- You will work closely with the other key Apple Delivery Lines of Business (DLOB) including Finance, IS&T, Legal, Procurement, Security, Caffe Mac and EH&S.
- The selected employee must be willing to participate in calls with members of our EMEA and global RE&D team taking into account a range of time zone requirements. As a result the job will require participating in a number of regularly scheduled calls that will take place late at night or early in the morning.