5G/4G Cellular Layer1 Control Firmware Engineer
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming products, services and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. Imagine what you could do here! Do you want to impact billions of users by developing an extraordinary product with a prime focus on accuracy, understandability and performance of the product? Will you help us design future generations of revolutionary Apple products? As a Cellular Layer 1 Firmware Engineer on this team, you will be at the center of the 5G/4G/multimode cellular firmware effort within a silicon design and firmware development group responsible for designing and productizing state-of-the-art cellular SoCs. This position requires someone comfortable will all aspects of embedded software development, that thrives in a dynamic cross-functional organization, is not afraid to debate ideas openly, and is flexible enough to pivot on constantly evolving requirements. You will become part of a hands-on development team that fosters engineering perfection, creativity and innovation. Dynamic, encouraging people and innovative technologies are the norm here! If you are a resourceful engineer with the desire to research and develop solutions that do not yet exist, we want you to join our team.
- 4+ years of experience
- Understanding of 5G and 4G 3GPP standards, or similar Wireless standards and knowledge on Physical Layer control procedures
- Highly competent with C and C++ programming
- Experience with embedded real-time programming for low latency and memory constrained applications
- Hands-on experience with L1 Software/Firmware in 2G/3G/4G/5G is a plus
- Experience with Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) applications, multi-core, multi-threaded and concurrent programming
- Specify, design, and implement a multi-mode L1 firmware architecture of a state-of-the-art mobile wireless communications system. - Implement key 3GPP L1 PHY control procedures, scheduling, against low latency, on/off chip memory and energy constraints. - Work with other Software designers to define interfaces to protocol stack, MAC/RRC and required processor subsystems - Assist in the development of pre-silicon emulation systems/virtual platforms and use them for pre-silicon FW design and HW verification.
Education & Experience
B.Sc/M.Sc in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer Science, or related discipline.