Technology Evangelist UI/UX, India
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Apple Worldwide Developer Relations seeks a motivated User interface and Design expert, with good communication and people skills, to join the Technology Evangelism team. As a member of the team, you’ll work closely with 3rd party developers to help them understand and design next generation apps for all of Apple’s platforms with a focus on UI/UX. You'll use your deep understanding of design know-how and experience to communicate wireframes, feature ideas, development of design ideology with a sharp focus on the user interface for all of our Apple platforms. You'll partner with Apple's design and marketing organizations on new technologies and enhancements to existing ones and work with WWDR partnership management to help drive the adoption of key design principles and technologies for developers to adapt. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here.
- You are proficient in and have demonstrable experience with User Interface design.
- You have designed and worked on all aspects from nascent wireframes to final shipping projects.
- Have a critical eye for design, a strong desire to help others make truly great apps, love variety, enjoy working with people, and believe in Apple.
- You should be able to spot both flaws and fixes by just glancing at apps that are present on all our platforms.
- Have a strong and solid grasp of design on the mobile as well as design translations across platforms and devices. Also, the understanding of what makes an outstanding app and our app ecosystem.
- Ability to clearly communicate goals of the project/ portfolio of your designs, design decisions taken and conclusions on what worked, what didn't and why.
- A deep knowledge of grids, typography, hierarchy and information flow is necessary for this role.
- The ability to sketch, create a spectrum of solutions, collaborate, iterate and validate your ideas and with knowledge of interaction models, user task flows, and UI specifications.
- Ability to communicate scenarios, end-to-end experiences, interaction models, and screen designs.
- Strong knowledge of user centered design, knowledge about user testing, interaction design, navigation design, visual design and accessibility.
- Capability to build an internal and external relationship to effectively communicate Apple’s platform message and benefits to developers. You are persuasive and effective at interacting with all levels of the partner organization, from developer to CxOs.
- Attention to detail, remarkable follow-through and able to focus on customer experience and service.
- Able to rapidly gauge the other party’s needs and evaluate a range of solutions by being an excellent listener. You possess strong problem solving and analytical skills, a professional and credible demeanor.
- You have demonstrable skills in public speaking, presentation, and writing.
- You are highly motivated and comfortable working with minimal supervision and a good team player.
Design liaison between Apple and 3rd party developers for vital app development prototypes, design directions and general appreciation on all of our platforms Guide 3rd party developers to adopt and understand key app design guidelines, decisions, techniques, and best practices. Also, guide them in the analysis of their app’s design quality, technology usage and performance. Help 3rd party developers begin and complete the design strategy for building their apps and advise and solve any design issues by being the spokesperson. Identify and report design adoption progress, trends, and issues faced by 3rd party developers. Work closely with Apple design and evangelism teams to enhance the Human Interface Guidelines.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in human computer interaction, psychology, visual design, communications, computer science, interaction design, information sciences, industrial design or related fields.