Software Engineering Manager - Apple Online Store
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
We are a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining our products, systems, and practices to help people do what they love in new ways. This is a deeply collaborative place, where everything we create is the result of people in different roles and teams working together to make each other’s ideas stronger. That same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices, strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Today, the Apple Online Store (AOS) provides one of the best multichannel commerce experiences in the world, and operates in 37 countries worldwide. The AOS Engineering Organization in Hyderabad is looking for an exceptional engineering leader with a proven track record of delivering complex and highly scalable software applications. Due to the criticality of this role, we are looking for an individual with expert knowledge in eCommerce technologies, trends and processes with a broad knowledge in related areas including, but not limited to: extreme high-volume transaction web technologies, highly scalable software architecture, mobile commerce, payment solutions, and content management systems. If this is the world you operate and indeed excel in then we look forward to hearing from you.
- A seasoned leader with the ability to think strategically and deliver tactically
- 10+ years of experience as an hands-on Engineering Manager managing successful software engineering teams on large-scale enterprise projects
- In-depth experience in object-oriented programming (Java, Spring or other MVC frameworks) and Service Oriented Architectures
- Deep knowledge of large-scale platform technologies such as Cassandra, Solr, Oracle, Hibernate ORM, and RESTFUL services, etc.
- Experience in developing distributed systems, designing and implementing high throughput, low latency enterprise-wide applications
- Excellent knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full Software Development Lifecycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
Day-to-day leadership of your Engineering team, with a focus on delivering results, teamwork and innovation Take responsibility for the overall planning and execution of complex technical projects by providing initial and detailed estimates, managing resources, communication to senior management and other stakeholders Work closely with the world-wide team to architect and develop the best technical design and execution approach on all your projects Drive innovation throughout the Apple Online Store engineering teams Develop and maintain staff development and succession plans in your team Report on the status of development, quality, operations, and system performance
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or equivalent in Engineering.