Senior Software Engineer
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Join Apple's Self-Service Engineering team within the Information Systems and Technology organization as a Sr. Software Engineer. We are looking for an individual with back end development experience demonstrating J2EE. You will be working in an enterprise environment building innovative client facing web applications. If you have a passion for quality and a keen eye for details you will be a phenomenal fit. In this role, you will design and build Apple's mission critical customer facing application and supporting webservices. You will champion your ideas with peers, management and other engineering groups. You will also enjoy the benefits of working in a fast growing business where you are supported to "Think Different" and where your efforts play a key role in the success of Apple's business.
- Hands on experience with design, development and productionizing highly available, distributed and scalable transactional enterprise systems.
- Strong Java/J2EE background;
- Expert level knowledge of WebServices and popular framework such as Spring, Hibernate.
- Experience with relational and no-SQL databases, distributed cache; Clear understanding of standard methodologies & problem areas while handling large distributed datasets.
- Experience working with Client facing web applications
- Familiarity with template driven rendering and client and server side MVC architectures
- Thorough understanding of Software Development Lifecycle, tools and standard methodologies.
- Experience with automated testing methodologies and frameworks.
- Sharp troubleshooting skills and real world systems deployment experience.
- Consistent record with rapid development cycles and demanding schedules.
Design and develop enterprise level, highly available web application platforms utilizing Java and JEE technologies Work on Spring and/or Hibernate web services Be part of test driven environments and methodologies Be part of technology driven team and a resource on newest technology, methods, and standard methodologies Develop critical system components as well as review team work for accuracy, quality, and completeness. Mentor and develop skills of junior software engineers in the team. Work under bold schedules and with multi-functional teams to achieve large initiatives. Drive documentation of technical design and architecture of the system.
Education & Experience
Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering / Related field with a minimum of 5 years technical experience in meaningful areas.