Process Engineer Map Development
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
A job at Apple is unlike any other you’ve had. You’ll be challenged, inspired and proud. If you are a self-motivated phenomenal teammate, who thrives in a dynamic, constantly changing environment, passionate about building extraordinary products and learning new technologies, this is the job for you. As a Maps Process Engineer, you will work with globally dispersed multi-functional teams to define operational process, conduct root cause and alternatives analysis to drive process and operational optimization, increased scale & efficiency, and minimize cost. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here.
- You have experience in process development, tool and specification implementation within larger scale production organizations.
- Work experience with vendors or suppliers is a plus.
- Good interpersonal skills and sound command of English is required.
- Proven track records of process development and process testing skills as well as participation in manufacturing analytics processes, i.e. LEAN, SixSigma, KANBAN, FMEA.
- Ability to work in multi-functional, international teams as well as on the map development floor.
- Experience planning, managing, delivering medium and large projects
- Proficient knowledge of the systems implementation and development life cycles
- Authority in business process flow diagramming
- Ability to facilitate brainstorming sessions to collect requirements
- Ability to perform a robust business process analysis and recommend solutions
- Literacy with Process modeling tools, MS Excel, Keynote, Visio, OmniGraffle, and basic project planning tools
Implements documentation, processes and tools for map production and monitors execution of the processes versus targets (gap analysis) Assesses usability of process, tools and specifications documentation in Map Development India and adjusts documentation where necessary Facilitate project related testing, roll-out, and post-mortem work Audits vendor production resources on process compliance and process gaps Designing and implementing Lean and Six Sigma process improvement programs Proposing and driving new solutions to be implemented Collaborate with Engineering, Production, Quality, Field Service, Training and external vendors to deliver and sustain best-in-class process engineering solutions Provide timely updates and elevate critical risks to project, management, and senior executive teams.
Education & Experience
GeoScience Degree preferred with ideally direct experience with Maps and Map Environments MBA is desired 8-12 years of process engineering or global supply chain management experience in high tech consumer electronics or automotive industry, or consulting Certification(s) in either LEAN/SixSigma GreenBelt or Blackbelt, CMQ/OE or equivalent are a plus Certification in PMP is a plus Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.