Senior Product Manager - Display Ads for News
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Software and Services
Apple News is home to the world’s best editorial from top news organizations and indie publishers alike. The News Monetization team helps publishers earn revenue from advertising by providing innovative ad products and tools that grow their businesses. We are looking for a senior product manager who is knowledgeable and experienced in publisher monetization to liaise with other product managers and drive new product and feature development from concept to launch, and beyond. You’ll be the hands-on leader d, defining technical & functional requirements, participating in and informing design discussions, and driving execution of product features, bringing them to market. You’ll bring a blend of business and technical savvy to the role, and your executional expertise will enable you to turn vision into reality. The right person for this role is an exemplary leader and effective communicator with proven success in advertising technology, user experience and product design and development. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here.
- Deep understanding of digital and mobile display advertising products and businesses. Prior experience in iOS app development or support preferred.
- A minimum of five years of software and/or technology product management experience is required. Experience developing and integrating third-party services via APIs.
- A minimum of eight years in marketing technology roles, including three years of experience in B2B non-technical functions such as marketing, sales, sales operations or client services.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, and a consideration for scale, efficiency and performance.
- Proven abilities to understand technical program management tasks employed in an engineering environment.
- Ability to collaborate globally and multi-functionally to optimize resources and demonstrate standard methodologies. Demonstrated ability to positively influence people across all functional areas of an organization.
- Able to function well in loosely structured situations. Works effectively in situations involving uncertainty or lack of information. Effectively handle multiple projects or tasks at the same time, while being open to and responding flexibly to change
- Strong diplomacy skills to negotiate consensus despite competing business needs and objectives.
- Experience doing large-scale data analysis to support business decision-making.
As the Senior Product Manager for News Monetization, you will be responsible for: - Being the subject matter expert on targeting features and reporting through function and implementation across API and web front ends. - Owning product execution for features and products developed in market, while communicating and informing team members in the US. - Working with business partners to define executional objectives and ensure that product initiatives and features are linked to these objectives. - Developing new product business cases, market and competitive analysis, product requirements documentation, and high-level release and go-to-market plans. - Using market intelligence, competitive analysis, customer research, and partner feedback to prioritize and translate asks into actionable requirements that achieve customer and Apple’s goals. - Working closely with engineers to identify critical paths, and to prioritize requirements for execution.
Education & Experience
BS/BA degree required, ideally in business administration, marketing, advertising, computer science, economics, mathematics, or a related field. MBA a plus. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.