Editor, App Store
Gurgaon, Haryana, India
Apple's App Store is the world's largest and most innovative software store, serving hundreds of millions of iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Apple Watch and Mac customers in over 150 countries. We are looking for a dynamic content editor to help produce original and engaging content around apps and games. You will be responsible for expressing the App Store’s editorial voice, catering to the diverse preferences of the App Store’s broad audience. You will work closely with teams of writers and editors around the world, along with other Design, Programming, Marketing and Product teams. You should be an experienced copy, style, and ideas editor, with a deep knowledge about mobile technology and culture. You are creative and results driven, with the leadership skills to work across stakeholders, and an extensive background driving user engagement across varied platforms, including social media. You are a digital and media enthusiast, love keeping up with pop culture, and are excited about how technology shapes our future. Most of all, you’re passionate about the role apps play in people’s lives, and are eager to help create an amazing user experience for millions of people around the world. The team is seeking a dynamic, passionate individual to join us to edit the App Store based in India. You will have a real passion for technology, and experience in handling relationships.
- Extensive experience editing creative content for traditional and online publications.
- Extensive experience crafting compelling messaging for video and social media formats.
- Experience following a style guide.
- Working knowledge of a content management systems.
- Experience working with international peers collaboratively.
- Ability to analyze and communicate results to leaders.
- Respected knowledge of the mobile apps landscape, relevant 3rd party products, and industry trends.
- Strong leadership and superb interpersonal communication skills.
- Resourceful, creative & an excellent teammate.
- Results oriented, and have a self-starter attitude with a strong ambition to learn and be successful.
- Extraordinary organisational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects at a time.
- Deeply passionate in apps, mobile technology, Apple Products & Brand.
Collaborate with designers, programmers, marketers, and product managers to create amazing user experiences. Work with key partners to create and gain consensus on editorial strategies for key initiatives. Generate and execute ideas for the App Store Featured Page, and Category main pages. Handle an evolving programming calendar and style guide. Help our customers to find the most amazing apps and games.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree in Business or related field, MBA or equivalent degree preferred. Fluency is English and Hindi is required.
- The position is based in Gurgaon, India.