Business Development Manager: Affordability
Gurgaon, Haryana, India
Sales and Business Development
The people here at Apple don’t just build products— they craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. This is a critical role that will drive the sales potential all our products in India by developing creative Affordability solutions by working with Financial Institutions, Insurance Companies, Associations, Credit Bureaus and Fintechs, Carriers, Distributors, and Authorised Resellers. Execute initiatives in collaboration with all key internal and external partners, and also support all aspects of business development to deliver standard methodologies and execution. This role will significantly influence the Go-to-Market strategy in India. Apple's Business Development Team at India works with our Sales Partners to ensure that the company’s strategic products — Mac, iPad, iPhone, Apple Watch and Accessories — are conveyed in the most compelling manner to a wide array of audiences in multiple cities and regions. Apple strives to design and deploy clear and consistent Affordability models, across channels, that allow retail and enterprise consumers to access financing and leasing options. As Apple grows its product range — and with it, the size and quality of its point of sale network — the need to work in concert with these channel partners is becoming ever more critical to make Affordability a success in India. We believe an ongoing reciprocal dialogue is significant across Sales Partners as well as Banks, Financial Institutions and Trade-in partners and others to ensure the quality and consistency of our programs. As part of the Apple Affordability team, you would be chipping in to the overall program and work with critical partners to design and execute key initiatives. You would also be responsible for working with internal partners across Marketing, Sales, Channel Partners, Compliance, Legal, Systems and Technology to roll out key programs in the country. You would also work with key partners in the Central and Worldwide teams to nurture key Affordability projects and be part of various cross functional teams. You would also help drive awareness, consideration, and assist sales across key product lines.
- Experience in a leading consumer bank (retail loans or cards) or NBFCs is preferred but not mandatory.
- Experience of working with banks and/or credit card companies to leverage their reach and credit system to develop and manage credit card financing programs.
- You should possess project management experience and appreciation of MIS/Metrics.
- You should be adept at handling financial modeling and analytics
- You should have the experience of partnering with and influencing at the C-suite level
- Awareness of local channel structure, emerging trends, and competitor’s activities in the market. Ability to build and capitalize on opportunities.
- The role requires attention to details. Being a team-player and having proven negotiation/persuasion skills will be a key to the role
Excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience presenting to senior level executives Able to lead and work cross-functionally. Have the “will to win”, the energy and drive to tackle this significant challenge. We are looking for self-motivated and flexible individuals, who can also multi-task.
Education & Experience
You have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education. MBA is preferred
- Role requires travel within India.