Government Affairs Manager
Gurgaon, Haryana, India
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The Manager of Government Affairs will develop and manage relationships with a host of partners in the communities relevant and meaningful to Apple. This a key position that will report to the Head of Government Affairs in India.
- Independently represent Apple’s position with government, policy-makers, regulatory authorities and industry associations.
- Experience in building and managing relationships with the policy community and government officials
- Experience designing multi-faceted strategy to organize and handle allies in advocating for policy positions
- Knowledge and experience of the workings of the Government in India, key institutions and regulatory authorities / judiciary.
- Existing relationships or demonstrated ability to build relationships across diverse partner groups, and willingness to engage and drive initiatives at industry associations.
- Proven creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic work environment and to work well collaboratively and under pressure
- Ability to work across functions with both internal and external partners
- Excellent leadership and professional presence
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Strong communication and advocacy skills (written and verbal) and strong presentation skills will be a key to the role.
- Desire and ability to learn and advocate on multiple policy issues effectively
- Over 15 years of professional experience in a hands-on strategic, policy or legal role or in an advisory position in the ICT / infrastructure sector.
- Experience of dealing with and advising senior leadership, preferably in a global / Multinational environment.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with multiple Ministries and government authorities across middle and senior levels.
- Provide strategic support and advice to company’s legal, regulatory and trade/product compliance functions.
- Perform research and present recommendations for action related to various regulatory, legal and policy developments.
You should have the ability to comprehend and communicate policy and legislative priorities across multiple sectors, such as Infra, Manufacturing, Retail, Content Anticipate, analyse and translate complex legal, policy and regulatory developments, into relevant briefs for actionable use. You will be working collaboratively with the government affairs team to build allies on important policy positions. Exposure to manufacturing and/or privacy/cross border data issues preferred. Coordinate across multiple businesses and functions within the company to assimilate, analyze and communicate policy priorities to external partners. Prepare advocacy strategies and execute, using a range of resources and channels.
Education & Experience
University Degree mandatory. Masters’ Degree in Political Science, Public Policy, Economics, Legal Studies/Law or a related discipline preferred Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.