Database Engineer - Cassandra
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Retail Engineering team knows scale. Each time we introduce new products, the Apple website becomes the planet’s busiest e-commerce site, processing thousands of orders per second. With billions of Apple products sold, the company depends on this team’s expertise to manage the systems behind everything from in-store events to inventory to your next appointment with a Genius. And every Apple customer experience is backed up by their groundbreaking work in security, privacy, and fraud prevention. We are looking for a passionate Data Services Engineer to help manage the large scale database environment. This team is responsible for providing new architectures and scalability solutions to ever growing business and data processing needs. Individual can go to the depths to solve complex problems and have the curiosity to explore and learn new technologies for innovative solutions. If you love to solve internet scale challenges then this is the right job for you.
- 4 - 7 years of software development experience
- Ability to configure and performance tuning of Cassandra, solr and spark clusters.
- Experience with developing and debugging Cassandra, Spark, Solr applications and spark, Cassandra integrations
- Experience with implementation of PCI/SOX Security on Cassandra, Spark and Solr
- Experience with JVM tuning.
- Experience with development using Cassandra java driver.
- In depth knowledge of Cassandra data model design , Spark-Cassandra connector based application design.
- Experience with developing monitoring , automation solutions.
- Experience building, scaling and maintaining high volume systems.
- Excellent debugging and system analysis skills
- Computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Familiar with Linux/Unix work environment.
- Must be strong in multi-threaded and data structures
- Core experience in Automation area for database technologies using Python and Chef or Puppet
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- Track record of taking initiative and producing results
- Fast learner who is generous with their knowledge
- Self-directed, demonstrates leadership potential, and a great teammate
- Required Technical Skills :
- RDBMS: Oracle
- NoSQL DB: Cassandra, Solr and Spark
- Automation Tools: Chef, Puppet
- Messaging: Kafka, RabbitMQ
This position requires a passionate individual who likes large scale challenges and innovate on complex tasks. Ability to think out of the box creatively to come up with different technology solutions or architectures to meet business requirement. This role requires ability to work independently on live production performance issues working with multiple teams. As a Software Engineer you will be developing new platform Services to solve Apple’s Business needs in an efficient and economical way. This will require dealing with large scale data, automation, replication as a Service across different data stores and apps.
Education & Experience
BS/MS Computer Science or equivalent.